Unlike egg donation, sperm donation is more straight forward.
A donor sperm is used as the last resort for males with azoospermia where sperm retrieval techniques yielded no sperm
Scenarios where sperm donation is used:
- Patients with testicular failure
- Patients who underwent radiotherapy for cancer.
- Azoospermia( no sperm in the semen or testicular biopsy)
- Repeated IVF failures with own sperm
- High chances of chromosomal abnormalities in babies.
We insist that donors are healthy, non-smoking males between the ages of 18 – 35 years. Traditionally, we use only anonymous sperm donors through registered donor banks.
Process of a Sperm Donation Cycle
Appropriate consents are signed by the donor and the recipient couple.
Depending on the patient’s requirement a donor IUI , IVF or ICSI is performed