How lifestyle affects fertility in men and women

In this fast-paced world, everyone seems to be in a hurry to complete their daily tasks. People fail to take extra care when it comes to dealing with health. Over the past two decades majority of the population across the globe have been prey to many diseases related to lifestyle. Let us go through some of the major Lifestyle changes in men and women that form as an igniting factor for many of the existing health complications. The most triggering factor being Infertility. Let us sneak in to some of the vital facts about this deadly demon.

While meager 3-5% cases of Infertility in men and women might be due to heredity and genetic disorder, it is shocking to hear that the remaining 95% Infertility problem caused due to irregular eating and professional habits. Lack of Physical activity tends to slow down the metabolism in the human body. A slowing down metabolism results in the imbalance of hormone secretion. The imbalance might be excessive or deficient. Statistical surveys suggest, in the next couple of years, men above 35 are more prone to be infertile and in the case of women 4 out of 10 are less likely to conceive above 30. In this alarming situation, apart from changing lifestyle habits, smoking and drinking are the other external factors that enhance the case of infertility in human.

There are numerous chances of getting conceived in this modern era. But the one linked to natural conception is slowly becoming a substance of probability. Although both male and female infertility experts flash in a ray of hope towards future, there seems to be an increasing fear in the minds of people. Current lifestyle related diseases are increasing day by day. Lifestyle habits forming the reason for infertility include

  1. Obesity
  2. Insomnia
  3. Stress
  4. Smoking and Alcohol



Among the current generation, Obesity acts as the majority cause for Infertility in both men and women. Overweight due to lack of Physical activity causes Obesity. Medical Experts suggest an hour long physical activity daily could be handy in keeping infertility at bay. Minimal physical activity results in less utilization of calories stored as energy. Failing to utilize will convert the energy as fat and over a certain point of time, excessive fat results in overweight which ultimately disfigures the Body Mass Index. Physical Trainers and Doctors advice obese people to maintain an active lifestyle apart from their passive mode of work. Hitting the gym on a regular basis could be a better idea for those thinking of shredding pounds.



Insomnia or Lack of Sleep is an interesting factor which is a certain risk not to write off easily. It could easily disturb your internal cycle and in turn takes a toll on your efficiency. When your get drained physically and mentally, it could badly damage your ideas of planning a child. A few important hormones necessary to balance our internal organs and brain require rest for recreation and maintenance. Frequent changes in your sleep pattern could badly hurt your androgen and estrogen production.



Stress is the most frequent problem that create infertility for both men and women. Stress factor seems to be hurting the world at this moment. Wherever you go there is no way out from dealing with stress. Undertaking stress with confidence and right attitude makes way for a healthy outing. Managing stress might be easier said than followed.

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is essential for a good livelihood. Conceiving healthy a healthy child matters the most in the present generation where infertility plays a challenging role in our society. Many artificial Conceptualization and treatment for infertility is gaining strength all over the world. But it is in our hands to develop a healthy future which could be a major boon that we offer to the mankind.


Smoking and Alcohol:

We all know that in taking smoking and alcohol is injuries to health. But most of the people don’t know that smoking and alcohol consumption is also create (leads to) infertility problems for both men and women. In this modern world smoking and alcohol consumption is one of the fashion and enjoyment for both men and women. People don’t aware, this will create more problem in physically and mentally in reproductive health.  More than 50% of the people in this world affected by Infertility and looking for best fertility center for IVF, IUI, ICSI fertility treatment. Quit smoking and drinking now and free from infertility.


For further consultations and treatment for Infertility, visit Indigo Womens Center. It has one of the talented team of doctors for fertility treatments in Chennai. The infertility clinic in Chennai offers the modern treatments in fertility including IUI (Intrauterine insemination) and ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection). Visit the website at


Add Your Comment