Donor egg is recommended for couples who are unable to conceive with their own eggs. Success rates with egg donation are comparatively higher.
DO I NEED AN EGG DONOR?
Egg donor is recommended for
- Premature ovarian failure (early menopause)
- Patients who had their ovaries removed (oophorectomy)
- Patients who underwent radiotherapy for cancer.
- Very poor egg quality.
- Poor response to ovarian stimulation.
- Repeated IVF or ICSI failures with own egg
- Patients with high chances of chromosomal abnormalities
- Patients with very low antral follicle counts on ultrasound
- Advanced female age over 45 years
Process of an egg donation cycle :
An appropriate egg donor is selected after counseling the couple.The donor is meticulously tested and screened prior to stimulation.
The process of stimulation, egg collection, ICSI and embryo transfer are the same.Click here for more details.
The donor is stimulated with medication to increase the number of eggs.
These eggs are collected under anaesthesia.
After fertilization with the husband’s sperm the embryos are transferred into the recipient.
Success rates of oocyte donor cycle:
Success rates depend on a lot of factors. At Indigo Womens Center we give you the highest chances of attaining a successful pregnancy because of the experience of our clinicians, experience of our andrologist, our class 10,000 clean air embryology lab, state-of-the-art equipment on par with International standards.
We have 78% success rates with our donor cycles.