Embryo donation is used in situations where the couple suffered repeated IVF failures with own egg or with own sperm.
When is embryo donation recommended?
- Couples with a high risk of passing on genetic disorders
- Women with recurrent IVF failures
Process of a embryo donation cycle:
- Appropriate consents are signed by all parties
- The recipient woman is placed on medication to stimulate a healthy uterine lining.
- Once the endometrium (uterine lining) is ready with “triple lining” , the Frozen embryo transfer process is initiated.On an average 2-4 embryos are thawed and then transferred into the uterus.